The soap nut tree, Sapindus mukorossi, is one of the most important plants in the tropical and subtropical areas in Asia. Native to South India, it grows wild in warm temperate to tropical regions. Belonging to the family Sapindaceae, the genus Sapindus includes between 5 to 12 species. The soap nut tree, also known as Soapberry, has been used traditionally in India to wash clothes and hair. The Indian names for soap nut are Ritha, Doadni, Doda or Dodan. In China and Japan it has been used as a remedy for centuries.
ABOUT THIS REPORT
Delivery method: instant download
Report format: PDF (download a sample)
Market statistics: Excel workbook (download a sample)
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Home Care industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts. Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections. If you're in the Home Care industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions. When you purchase this report, you also get the data and the content from these category reports in India for free: * Air Care
* Laundry care
* Surface care
* Toilet care
The Home Care in India market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares * Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country Our market research reports answer questions such as:
* What is the market size of Home Care in India?
* What are the major brands in India?
* What is the importance of the trend towards environmentally friendly products in home care? * What are the main growth drivers of the home care market in India? Why buy this report?
* Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
* Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
* Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database. SAMPLE ANALYSIS
Home care retail sales register muted value growth
Home care value sales recorded value growth for 2010 that was lower than the review period CAGR, and it was primarily so because of limited price increments in major home care categories. Both laundry care and dishwashing products had extremely constrained rises in unit prices as mass-market categories such as hand dishwashing and bar detergents witnessed intense competition over the year. However, 2010 sales growth in terms of retail volume was comparable to and slightly higher than that seen over the review period. Major categories see heightened competition
The trinity of laundry care, dishwashing and insecticides was alight with competitive pressures in 2010. In laundry care, detergent brands Wheel, Tide, Rin, and Ghari indulged in widespread advertising and enhanced retail presence across the country in order to maintain or increase their respective value shares. Exo, the dishwashing brand by Jyothy Laboratories, strived to increase its retail coverage and challenge the leading brand Vim. Similarly, insecticide players Godrej Consumer Products, Reckitt Benckiser (India) and Karamchand Appliances focused on development of their respective brands through rebranding exercises and new product launches. Little difference between multinational and domestic brand pricing The historical presence of ingrained brands such as Wheel, Vim and Good Knight in India has not only blurred the difference of domestic and international brands in the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document