• First you will need a google email address (you can use your hotmail or gmail)
• Click " get started"
• Enter your already existing email address and follow instructions
Designing you Blog
• On the right had top corner of the page click on "design"
The tabs on the top left will read- Posting, Comments, Settings, Design, Monetize, Stats and then View Blog
- We will go over what each of them all briefly
1. Posting- This is where you control the posts that are displayed on your blog
- Each symbol controls different things with your designing
font- style, T- Size of font, b-bold, i- italicize, T with colors- color of font, link- linking to different website, paragraph alignment, numbering bullets and quotes, abc check- spell check, picture of mountain- insert pictures, film strip- movies
2. Comments- to be able to view comments that have been left on your posts
3. Settings- you are able to control different settings that you want to apply to your blog.
4. Design- How your blog looks when others view it.
- Header- what the top of your blog says, add a gaget- you can display many things such as: blog stats, followers lists, blog lists, friends and family blogs, pictures slideshows, logo's etc. You can also change the background of your blog in this feature.
- (This is something that you will want to play with when you get more familiar with everything on the site.)
5. Monetize- You can set up the style that you want your sidebars and posts to be set as.
6. Stats- never used before
7. View Blog- Takes you directly to your blog so that you can see what others can see when looking at your blog.
New Post- the location you create your new posts
Edit Posts- This shows a list of all of the recent posts that have been displayed. You can change the order of the posts by clicking on the little box next to the post... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 02). Designing a Blog. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Designing-A-Blog-576446.html
"Designing a Blog" StudyMode.com. 02 2011. 02 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Designing-A-Blog-576446.html>.
"Designing a Blog." StudyMode.com. 02, 2011. Accessed 02, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Designing-A-Blog-576446.html.