A. Attention Getter
- Are you finding it difficult to find activities to do with your kid and are trying impress
that lucky woman for Valentine’s Day? Well here is your chance to do both. I am going
to show you how to get in that kitchen to make a great desert to following a romantic
B. Reveal/Relate Thesis
- My goal is to teach you guys how to make a red velvet cake.
C. Personal Credibility
- I am a pastry chef at the Anaheim White House and just like you guys I am a single
father of a 12 year old boy. We always make deserts as a way to spend time. Thanks to
this we have a strong bond. So my suggestion is to try something like this or find
something it is worth the while.
D. Preview main points
- Make sure you gather all of your ingredients before starting because trust me you will
most likely forget something. At the same time gather all your bowls and utensils.
- Then I will teach you how to make the cake.
A. Main point 1- Ingredients and Utensils
- For ingredients you will need 2 eggs, 1 cup of buttermilk, 1 tsp salt, 2 oz red food
coloring, 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 ¼ cup of all purpose flour, 3
vanilla extract, 1 tsp of white vinegar, 1 tsp of baking soda, 16 oz of cream
cheese, and 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- For tools you will need 2 big bowls, 2 medium bowls, and 1 little one, a hand mixer,
tsp and tbsp, and pans to bake the cake.
B. Main point #2- How to make the cake
- In a bowl combine the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the food coloring and cocoa.
- In another bowl you take 1 butter stick and sugar and beat it. Then little by little add the
flour, the red velvet mix, buttermilk and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Also add the 2 eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix the baking soda and vinegar then add it to the cake.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Put batter in baking pans. Will be ready between 45 min to an...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document