1. People Matter : Employees and customers alike are REALLY important
* Zappos attributes much of its success to its investment into customer service, culture, and employee training and development – all of which focus on people. * It’s important to hire the RIGHT people to develop the RIGHT culture with common aspirations.
2. Continuously Improve : Employees are encouraged to
* Make at least one improvement every week that makes the company better reflect its core values. * Improve themselves – recommending they wake up every day and ask themselves not only “what is the 1% improvement I can * Change to make the company better”, but also “what is the 1% improvement I can change to make MYSELF better personally & professionally.” * Look for ways to improve culture.
* Grow with the company, professionally and personally
3. The best Lesson learned from poker by Tony :
The most important decisions for an entrepreneur or a CEO to make is what business / markets to be in It’s a bad idea to invest in industries you don’t understand, in companies you don’t have any control or influence over, or in people you don’t know or trust
4. Build, Create and Deliver Happiness :
On a personal note, one of the key Learnings was to find a company ion who would accompany you to almost everywhere from breakfast to dinner in whatever activity you engage in-to Tony it was Red bull- To each his own to develop worth-keeping relationships
5. Never Outsource your Core Competency. :
* Zappos’ core competency, an e-commerce organization should have been focussed on Warehousing, but they did the mistake of...