Chapter 1: What Is Organizational Behavior
1. The four management functions include all of the following EXCEPT _____. a. controlling
2._____ studies behavior as it relates to concerns such as absenteeism, turnover, productivity, and performance.
c. Organizational behavior
3. The best approach for obtaining knowledge about human behavior is_____. a. using common sense
b. an observational approach
c. a theoretical approach
d. a systematic approach
4. What behavioral science discipline has made the MOST significant contributions to understanding individual behavior? a. Sociology
b. Social psychology
5. _____ has helped us understand differences in fundamental values, attitudes, and behavior between people in different countries. a. Anthropology
c. Social psychology
d. Political science
6._____ means that organizations are becoming more heterogeneous in terms of gender, race, and ethnicity. a. Globalization
b. Workforce diversity
c. Affirmative action
d. Organizational culture
7. The _____ assumption assumes that people who are different will want to assimilate. a. melting-pot
b. workplace diversity
9. A(n) _____is a situation in which an employee must define right and wrong conduct. a. problem
b. ethical dilemma
10. Individual level independent variables include _____.
b. organizational culture
d. human resource policy
11. Managers get things done through other people.
12. Robert Katz has identified three management skills: technical, human, and conceptual. True/False
13. Organizational behavior is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organizations, for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization's effectiveness. True/False
14. Behavior is generally predictable, and the systematic study of behavior is a means to making reasonably accurate predictions. True/False
15. Learning, perception, and personality have been OB topics whose contributions have generally come from sociology. True/False
16. Social psychology is an area within psychology, blending concepts from both psychology and political science. True/False
17. Workforce diversity means that organizations are becoming more homogeneous in terms of gender, race, and ethnicity. True/False
18. The majority of employees in developed countries work in service jobs. True/False
19. Today's managers must learn to cope with ongoing stability. True/False
20. There are three levels of analysis in OB, and, as we move from the individual level to the group level, to the organization systems level, we add systematically to our understanding of behavior in organizations. True/False
Answers: 1 C 2 C 3 D 4 C 5 A 6 B 7 A 9 B 10 C 11 T 12 T 13 T 14 T 15 F 16 F 17 F 18 T 19 F 20 T Chapter 2 : Foundations of Individual Behavior
1. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of physical ability?
2. The relationship between _____ and job performance is likely to be an issue of growing importance during the next decade. a. gender
b. marital status
3. Which is the most likely explanation for the higher absentee rate for women? a. Women tend to have more illnesses that keep them from work than do men. b. Traditionally, women have had the responsibility of caring for home and family. c. Women tend to be less satisfied with their jobs...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document