Examples of harm:
1. Pornography - a lot of rapists and sexual offenders start off with pornography
2. Horror - screamers and horror movies, that traumatize people, especially children
3. Violence and gore - movies that contain excessive amounts of violence and gore
4. cyber bullying - social networks or blogs flaming or flaming through gaming
5. leaking personal information accidentally through social networks
6. false information - websites that give wrong information
7. involvement in criminal acts, such as piracy
8. Cheat money - black markets
1st Speaker: Kai Jie 4 5 6 7
2nd Speaker: Anton 1 2 3
3rd Speaker: Jared 8 9
Reply Speaker: Anton
Defining the motion
First, i will be defining the motion. We feel that the definition of the motion is that the internet has many opportunities for people to come across pictures, videos, people-to-people interaction, and so on and so forth, that may cause future harm not only to the person himself, but also to the people around him. This is so much to the point that there are more negative than positive effects of using the internet.
As for our roles, i will be speaking about cyber bullying, leaking of personal information, false information and viral websites or virus that kill computers. as for anton, he will be touching on videos or movies that bring harm to a person such as pornography, horror and violence and gore, while jared will be talking about ease of access to easy access to criminal, offensive or discriminatory information, and last but not least criminal offences through the internet such as unreliable markets.
The first reason why i feel that the internet does more harm than good is because there is a lot of cyber bullying going on on the internet. So what is cyber bullying? Cyberbullying is the use of technology to harass, threaten, embarrass, or... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 08). Debate - the Internet Brings More Harm Than Good. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Debate-The-Internet-Brings-More-1067371.html
"Debate - the Internet Brings More Harm Than Good" StudyMode.com. 08 2012. 08 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Debate-The-Internet-Brings-More-1067371.html>.
"Debate - the Internet Brings More Harm Than Good." StudyMode.com. 08, 2012. Accessed 08, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Debate-The-Internet-Brings-More-1067371.html.