First of all I would like to thank a lot to my teacher who is an excellent lecturer. Under his guidance, I learnt a lot about DBMS concepts. And as a result, I become able to complete this assignment with confidence. I am also very thankful to God, my husband, my brother and also some of my classmates who helped me a lot in completing my assignment.
ER- DIAGRAM :-
belong toassigned to
sold by underwritten by
may have sells
received by may receive
be covered by exam-
(2) ASSUMPTIONS :-
1. The main address can belong to only one policy holder. 2. The other address must belong to only one holder.
3. The entity “MAINADDRESS” is allocated “HouseNum” (House Number) as a Primary key for unique identification. 4. The entity “RENEWAL” is allocated “ReNum” (Renewal Number) as a Primary key for unique identification. 5. There must be renewal of each policy.
6. The main address may relate to one or many other addresses. 7. The other address can relate to only one main address. 8. Each cover type can be covered by only one policy.
9. Every claim may be received by one policy.
10. The entity “AGENT” is provided “AgentID” (Agent Identification number) as a primary key. 11. The entity “CLAIM” is allocated “ClaimNum” (Claim number) as a primary key to uniquely define the values. 12. The entity “COVER TYPE” is allocated “CoverNum” (Cover number) as a primary key.
(3) RELATIONAL DATA STRUCTURE :-
Note :- The relational database structure is in 3NF.
(4) RELATIONAL DATABASE SCHEMA :-
Table Name Field dataType Description
HOLDER holderID Number(10) Primary Key