Segment 5: Dana Hall Case (Attempt 1 )
Due Date: June 5, 2011 11:59 PM
Type: Work individually
Grading Criteria: out of 100
Status: In Progress (Attempt 1)
[pic][pic][pic]In this course, you have focused on Step 1 of the Action Research Paradigm Protocol: Diagnose the problem. You have evaluated questions such as:
• What are the issues?
• What information do I need to understand the issues?
• What data are available or need to be collected to analyze the problem? Now that the issues have been established, you are ready to move to the next steps of the ARPP:
• Step 2: Generate alternatives. Consider alternatives to the current state.
• Step 3: Design action plan. Develop an action plan, taking into consideration the organizational context and current understanding of the issues. In this assignment, you are asked to stretch your thinking a bit, by designing a preliminary action plan based on your analysis of the Dana Hall case.
1. Review the action research you have completed thus far on the Dana Hall case.
2. Design a preliminary action plan for addressing the issue at Dana Hall. Use the Action Research Template (in the Resources below) to guide the development of your action plan. Your plan should:
o Emphasize the problem definition stage (Stage 1 of the ARPP), including the generation of alternative courses of action.
o Align with the problem definition.
o Include analysis of the Dana Hall situation and the organizational context of the problem.
o Establish alternatives and your choice for a course of action.
3. Present you analysis of the problem and your preliminary action plan. Choose one of the following two options.
o Option A. Create a PowerPoint. Use the Notes area of the PowerPoint to address your analysis of the problem and your preliminary action plan, in detail. ▪ Structure you...