When planning health and safety indoor and outdoor environmental services we must take into account
• The individual needs abilities and ages of the children and young people.
• Certain risk factors
• Mobility ,sensory ,medical needs
• The needs of carers and extended family
• The environment and the services that are available
The duty of care to always have the child’s safety and welfare in mind.
• The desired outcome clear aims and objectives based around the EYFS framework.
• Lines of responsibilities everyone has responsibility for the health and safety of the children and young people each member of staff need clear reporting responsibilities.
Health and safety is monitored within the setting by
• Daily risk assessments
• Comprehensive policies which may include
• Lost child, behaviour ,house rules, safeguarding children and young people, fire safety, emergency cover for medical needs, medical and medicine permission,
• Accident/incident record book.
• Indoor play area. Quiet area toys and equipment
• Outdoor area toys and equipment checked grass areas checked for animal mess or litter.
• Outing risk assessments in place for planned trips.
• Each risk assessment is reviewed 6/12 to meet the needs of growing children and young people.
• Visitors book checked daily
• Smoke alarms checked weekly and recorded
• Fire escape plan in place and fire drill practised each term
• All windows ,doors locks are secure to stop children leaving the building
• Policy’s are up to date and signed by parents.
• My daily risk assessment
• Risk Assessment
• Daily checks
Room Risks Actions
Electric sockets covered Shock, burns death Cover all sockets
House Plants Poison allergy rash No plants in play area
Windows and low level glass Cuts falls Cover with safety glass
Cords on blinds and curtains Strangulation death Tie up or... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 01). Cyp 3.4: Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cyp-3-4-Support-Children-And-Young-887460.html
"Cyp 3.4: Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety" StudyMode.com. 01 2012. 01 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cyp-3-4-Support-Children-And-Young-887460.html>.
"Cyp 3.4: Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety." StudyMode.com. 01, 2012. Accessed 01, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cyp-3-4-Support-Children-And-Young-887460.html.