Cyber Bullying

Topics: Bullying, Adolescence, Abuse Pages: 2 (565 words) Published: September 27, 2012
The Effects of Cyber Bullying Today
Thesis: Bullying in its various forms is a problem that many children and teenagers have to face daily at school or while practicing extracurricular activities away from their parents view and protection. Exact Purpose: After hearing my speech the audience will have learned who cyber bullying is affecting, and the effects of it on individuals. Introduction: Who in the room will access the internet on a daily basis? Well did you know that 75% of kids access the internet with intent to bash other kids in their school that they do not like? ("Daily Interesting Facts") A poll of teens ages 12-17 proved that they think violence has increased in their schools due to cyber bullying leading to increasing percentages like I just stated. In the next 3 minutes I will inform you guys on one, some causes of cyber bullying increasing over the past couple years, and two how it is affecting individuals daily lives. Transition statement : Now who all here has a facebook account? Body 1: Cyber bullying is getting severe each day with the development of technology. One of four children has been bullied more than once, and the amount of students being bullied over the internet was 42 percent, however, staying online increases their chances to 58 percent. The latest trends of online social medias such as facebook, four square, path, and twitter all have and continue to contribute to the despicable and appalling events of cyber bullying taken place in todays world. The easy access of creating accounts, allows one to also create a “fake account” of someone they despise. A bully may also steal the password of the student and pose something unkind and cruel under their name. It allows them to upload inappropriate pictures and update fibbing status’. These websites unknowingly permit accusations being made between teens and even young adults. Based on Cyber Bullying Facts from the (US National Survey) it was stated that the kids around 10 up to 17...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Cyber Bullying Essay
  • Cyber Bullying Essay
  • Cyber Bullying Essay
  • Cyber Bullying Essay
  • Essay about Prosecuting Cyber Bullying
  • Essay on The Link Between Cyber-Bullying and Suicide
  • Bullying Essay
  • Bullying Research Paper

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free