Statement of Problem
* Topic: An investigation into the level of awareness as it relates to ‘Sexually Transmitted Diseases’ among teenagers in the Bridgeport Community. * Sub Questions: (i) What are the factors that causes teenager’s to be unaware of Sexually Transmitted Diseases? /(ii) What are the effects of Sexually Transmitted Diseases? (iii) What are the possible solutions as to educate teenagers about Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
Reason for Selecting Area of Research
The researcher chose this area of research to see how aware teenagers are about Sexually Transmitted Diseases and also observed that a lot of teenage girls in this particular community are pregnant for teenage boys. Sexually Transmitted Diseases is a result of unprotected sex and teenagers often times do not know the risks of doing same.
Method of Investigation
In order to collect the data from the survey, the researcher decided to use printed questionnaires which were distributed to teenagers in the Bridgeport Community. The questionnaire as a tool for collecting data has a number of advantages:- * It requires little time to be completed.
* It can be done at the convenience of the person required to have it completed. * An immediate response is not required; hence, there is enough time for the respondents to study the questions. * Distribution and collection of the questionnaire is not time consuming.
Instrument Used To Collect Data
QUESTIONNAIRE ON THE LEVEL OF AWARENESS AS IT RELATES TO ‘SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES’ IN THE BRIDGEPORT COMMUNITY. Dear Teenagers,
This questionnaire is being carried out in the Bridgeport Community on the causes and effects of the awareness on the topic ‘Sexually Transmitted Diseases’ among teenagers. This study is being conducted as a School Base Assessment for a Social Studies course I am presently pursuing. You are advised to answer the following questions honestly and sincerely. Your responses given will be kept strictly confidential and anonymous since you are not required to write your names. You can answer most of the questions by placing a tick in the space provided. Specific instructions are given where necessary. Thank You. Yours Sincerely,
Please put a tick () in the box which you think is the most appropriate.
1. To what gender do you belong?
2. To which age group do you belong?
□ Under 10 years
□ 10- 12 years
□ 13-15 years
□ 16-18 years
□ 19-21 years
□ Over 21 years
3. What is your occupation?
□ Guidance Counselor
□ Other ________________________
4. To which ethnic background do you belong?
□ African descent
□ Chinese descent
□ Indian descent
□ Mixed descent
5. To which religious background do you belong?
□ Seventh day Adventist
□ Roman Catholic
□ Church of God
□ Jehovah Witness
□ I do not attend church
6. What is your employment status?
□ Seasonally Employed
7. Are you sexually active?
8. Have you ever had unprotected sex?
(i) If yes,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document