Kiran S. Ahirrao
Roll No. 1006
1. What is Customized Fertilizer?
Ans: Customised Fertilizers are combination of micro nutrients like sulphur, zinc, boron added to the key items such as urea and diammonium phosphate (DAP) and potash, in a proportion that suits specific crops and soil patterns. A fertilizer formulated according to specifications that are furnished by/for a consumer prior to mixing, usually based on the results of soil tests. Customized fertilizers are depends on soil, crop, water and specific nutrients. Customised fertiliser manufacture basically involves mixing and crushing of urea, DAP, MOP, ZnS, bentonite sulphur and boron granules for obtaining the desired proportion of N, P, K, S and micronutrients. The mixture is subjected to steam injection, drying, sieving and cooling, so as to get a uniform product with every grain having the same nutrient composition.
2. Issues in marketing of customized fertilizers
Ans: Customized fertilizer is new concept which is firstly introduced by Tata Chemicals Ltd. in fertilizer industry.
Following are some issues in marketing of customized fertilizers: 1. Production Cost is high therefore these are costly fertilizers and not subsidized by Government of India. 2. The diversity in product mix between producers.
3. There should be healthy competition as subsidy will given by GOI on nutrient basis and integrated use of nutrients with thrust on to avoid indiscriminate and imbalanced used of fertilizer. 4. Allocation of raw material (finish fertilizers).
5. Awareness of these fertilizers among farmers.
6. These fertilizers are not affordable to small farmers. 7. Segmentation and promotion are big issues in marketing of customized fertilizers.
3. Marketing plan for customized fertilizer in your state. Ans: Marketing plan for customized fertilizers in Western-Central Maharashtra:...