Practical orientation and evaluation of banks performance is a part of the BBA program provided by University of Dhaka. The proposed topic is “Customer Service & Measuring Customer Satisfaction of One Bank”. This report is the requirement of the practical orientation. Bank is a service oriented organization. So the practical orientation has been made an integral part of the BBA degree requirement. In this regard I went to One Bank Limited to take a practical exposure of the activities of banking financial institution form.
1.2 Objectives of the Report:
Without objective any mission will not be successful .The objective of the study may be spelled out as follows: • To gather practical experience as a complete business personnel in real professional life.
• To fulfill the requirements of BBA degree.
• To know the various deposit products and investment schemes of OBL.
• To know how to deal with customer and general banking practices.
• To highlight the problems of customer services and necessary recommendations to overcome the problems.
1.3 Scope of the Study:
• To gain the practical knowledge by doing such type of research works.
• To build a professional career in the field of business administration.
• To find out financial solution.
• To enable better financial decision making for future and ability to forecast the various weakness and ability of the business.
1.4 Methodology of the Report:
The methodology of the report includes direct observation, oral communication with the employees of all departments of Motijheel Branch, studying files, circulars etc and practical experience. This report is basically qualitative in nature. But the report includes both quantitative as well as qualitative data.
1.5 Sources of Data:
This report contains both primary and secondary data. The theoretical development of the report has done collecting information from various publications. Primary data are collected from the respective officers of various desk and files study. The secondary Sources are-
• Annual Report of One Bank Ltd. of 2007 & 2008.
• Periodical publication of Bangladesh Bank
• Different Publication regarding various activities of Commercial Bank.
• One Bank Limited, Brochures, Leaflets and Operational Manual
• Web site of OBL.
1.6 Data Analysis:
The primary and secondary data are edited first. These data were analyzed and processed by different established methods and statistical tools. When I prepared the report I discussed with the respective personals.
1.7 Limitations of the Report:
Every thing has its limitations. Our report is not also out of weakness. For some certain causes, we could not effort to conduct our report properly. We have considered the following causes are the limitations of the study.
• Time was limited to an effective research.
• Learning overall activities and performance of a bank within 45 days is really difficult.
• Bank has some policy for not disclosing some data and information for obvious reasons that could be very much essential.
• Employees are so much busy with their regular activities and can not provide enough time for us.
• Bank secrecy posed a major problem since discloser of some information has been restricted. • The officers at the customer services are very much busy with their activities. They are interested to help me but have no time to do that. The customers of the bank are also seemed to be busy.
1.8 Flow chart of report preparation & Submission :
ONE Bank Ltd. is sponsored by a group of renowned and dynamic Bangladeshi industrialists, business persons and highly qualified professionals like medical practitioners, scientists and chartered accountants.
ONE Bank Limited was incorporated in May, 1999 With the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies under the Companies...