You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
•The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a USB drive •Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly •When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference •Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 13 pages and is made up of 5 Sections.
Organisation: Which organisation(s) are you basing your answers to this assessment on? If you are currently working, you may wish to base it on the organisation which employs you.
Can you provide a brief description of this organisation? (Please note you will not be marked on this; it is simply to provide your tutor with a brief outline.)
AFRICAN HUMAN RESOURCE OF FRENCH SPEAKING ASSOCIATION ( AREFA) This is a local community group that aim to
Section 1 – Understand the factors that affect an organisation and the customer service role
1. Complete the table below with a description of the products and services for at least two commercial organisations, public organisations and third sector organisations.
Please ensure you provide a description for each organisation, rather than a list.
Organisation typeName of organisationDescription of products and services Commercial
Third sector organisation
Third sector organisation
2. Complete the table below by describing the differences in customer service between commercial, public and third sector organisations. You should outline customer service roles in each organisation and highlight the differences in how customer service is carried out across these organisations.
Organisation typeDescription of customer service and
the differences between organisations
3. In relation to your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with), outline the part that customer service plays in this organisation and its industry as a whole.
4. Who are the major competitors to your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with)?
5. Identify at least two factors that could affect the reputation of your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
Section 2 – Understand employee rights, responsibilities and organisational procedures
1. Use the table below to give details of employer and employee rights and responsibilities under employment law and the importance of having these (consider the importance to the organisation, employees and customers, where relevant). You should include at least two employer rights / responsibilities and at least two employee rights / responsibilities in your answer.
Rights and responsibilitiesWhy are they important?
2. Give details of employer and employee rights and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. You should include at least two employer rights / responsibilities and at least two employee rights / responsibilities in your answer.
Who?Rights / responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act
3. In relation to your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with), describe the organisation’s procedures for health and safety and any relevant documentation that is used.
If possible, provide relevant health and safety...