- Ahmad Sheparuddin
HR & Administration PHP Group
Staffing is the process of acquiring, deploying, and retaining a workforce of sufficient quantity and quality to create positive impacts on the organization’s effectiveness.
The managerial function of staffing is defined as filling positions in the organization structure through identifying work-force requirements, inventorying the people available, recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, appraisal, compensation and training of needed people.
The managerial function of staffing is defined as filling, and keeping filled, positions in the organizational structure.”
- Heinz Weihrich,Mark V Cannice, Harold Koontz
NATURE OF STAFFING
▪ Human capital refers to the knowledge, skill, and ability of people and their motivation to use them successfully on the job.
▪ Staffing is the process of acquiring, deploying, and retaining a workforce of sufficient quantity and quality to create positive impacts on the organization's effectiveness.
▪ Acquisition activities involve external staffing systems that govern the initial intake of applicants into the organization.
▪ Staffing is more of a process than an event.
▪ Staffing the organization requires attention to both the quantity and quality of people brought into, moved within, and retained by the organization.
▪ Quantity or quality labor shortages can mean lost business opportunities, scaled-back expansion plans, and an inability to provide critical consumer goods and services, and even threats to organizational survival.
PURPOSE OF STAFFING
▪ Shortages and surpluses can be identified so that quick action can be taken wherever required.
▪ All the recruitment and selection programmes are based on manpower planning.
▪ It also helps...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document