Deaf Culture Assignment
Visual (3D or PowerPoint) and Oral Presentation
A 3-dimentional (3D) or PowerPoint project allows students to learn important information on a specific topic in concentrated and visually appealing manner. For this assignment, you will develop a 3D or Power Point project and a short oral presentation to be delivered in class. This is a fun and creative assignment; you and your classmates can learn a great deal from each other.
Please choose a specific aspect of Deaf culture (see list) on which you wish to design a project. Your topic must reflect research from at least two sources. The project you design should be colorful, organized, contain text, and at least one image.
On the designated day and time, you will present your project to your classmates. You will be graded on the quality of your visual project as well as your oral presentation. Your oral presentation must be delivered, not read. I strongly suggest you rely on your 3D or PowerPoint project, rather than written notes, to present your topic. Grading Rubric
This assignment is worth 40 points (10 points for the oral presentation and 30 points for the visual project).
Oral presentation delivery (worth 10 points)
• Eye contact with your audience (not reading your slides or notes) • Organization
• Smooth delivery (few “um’s” and “ah’s”)
• Quality information, fact-based
• Prepared (Are you ready to go on your assigned date?)
Visual project (worth 30 points)
If you choose to create a 3D project:
• It should be assembled on a LARGE (roughly 9 ½” x 4 ¾” x 4 ¾”) tissue box (FILLED WITH TISSUE) and the text (computer printed) should be a series of sentences that allows a person to learn more about how your subject/topic contributed to the Deaf Community. The idea is for people to read the bullet points when they grab a tissue. (7 points). You may wish to put your text phrases on card stock and then paste the cardstock to the box. This will...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document