Understand why effective communication is important in the work setting.
1.1 Identify the different reasons people communicate.
People communicate to:
* Share information such as ideas and thoughts
* Build and maintain relationships
* Express one another’s needs and feeling
* Give and receive information
1 We communicate to understand and to be understood.
These are important in childcare to keep the children safe and the parents well informed, communication in the setting is key.
1.2 Explain how communication affects relationships in the work setting.
* In every setting communication relationships are very important to create a safe, secure and caring place for children/staff/parents/visitors to communicate when they learn.
* It also helps us to plan and meet the needs of the children in our care.
* Good communication with parents/colleagues/children/other professionals is essential to build up good relationships.
* If there is not any relationship between parents and practitioners then you will
not get the two way communication that is needed to support the children in your care.
Be able to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals
1.1 Describe the factors to consider when promoting effective communication.
* The right place (environment) to communicate with parents/carers/outside agencies. It could be too noisy, what you are discussing could be private so is there a place that you could take the parents/professionals to talk to in private. This means that you can concentrate on giving the right information and making sure what is said is understood and a two way conversation can flow
* Always allow enough space between you and the person/child you are talking to. If it’s a parent/carer have a little distance between you but not too much, if it’s... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 11). Cu1530 Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Setting. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu1530-Promote-Communication-In-Health-Social-1197331.html
"Cu1530 Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Setting" StudyMode.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu1530-Promote-Communication-In-Health-Social-1197331.html>.
- MLA 7
"Cu1530 Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Setting." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu1530-Promote-Communication-In-Health-Social-1197331.html>.
"Cu1530 Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Setting." StudyMode.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu1530-Promote-Communication-In-Health-Social-1197331.html.