ANS:- The various factors that affect buying behaviour of in rural India are:
1) Environment of the consumer:- the environment or the surroundings in which the
consumer leaves has a very strong influence on the buyer behavior. E.g.:-
electrification, water supply effects demand for durables.
2) Geographic influence:- the geographic location in which the rural consumer is
located also speaks about the thought process of the consumer. For instance, villages
in south India accept technology quicker than in other parts of india.Thus, HMT sells
more winding watches in the north while they sell more quartz watches in the south.
3) Influence of occupation:- The land owners and service can buy more of category2 &
category3 durables than agricultural laborers.
4) Place of purchase:- Company’s need to access the influence of retailer on both
consumers at village shops.
5) Creative use of product:- The study of product and provides indicators to the
company on the need for education and also for new product ideas.
E.g.:- godrej hair dye being used as a pain to the color horns of ox. Washing machine
being used for making lassie.
6) Brand preference and loyalty:- the people in rural market will not give preference for
brand products but they give importance for loyalty of the product. 80% of the sale is branded
items in 16 product category.
Earlier, Mirc Electronics has entered into a venture with Prasar Bharati to promote DD Direct Plus services through Igo, its television brand for the rural markets. DD Direct Plus boasts of over 2.3 million subscribers as opposed to 2 million subscribers for Dish TV and 0.5 million subscribers for Tata Sky. |
At present, DTH players provide promotional offers with the purchase of colour televisions. A direct-to-home service provider said, “Consumers prefer a separate television and a box at present. But future decisions will depend on the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Ctetive Studtompe. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ctetive-Studtompe-1479002.html
"Ctetive Studtompe" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ctetive-Studtompe-1479002.html>.
"Ctetive Studtompe." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ctetive-Studtompe-1479002.html.