* CSR policy functions as a built-in, self-regulating mechanism whereby business monitors and ensures its active compliance with the spirit of the law, ethical standards, and international norms.
* The goal is embrace responsibility for, and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public sphere.
* Furthermore, CSR-focused businesses would proactively promote the public interest by encouraging community growth and development, and voluntarily eliminating practices that harm the public sphere, regardless of legality. CSR is the deliberate inclusion of public interest into corporate decision-making, and the honoring of a triple bottom line: people, planet, profit.
* ITC Limited- public conglomerate company headquartered in Kolkata, India.
* Its turnover is $6 billion and a market capitalization of over $22 Billion.
* The company is currently headed by Yogesh Chander Deveshwar. It employs over 26,000 people at more than 60 locations across India and is listed on Forbes 2000.
* ITC has a diversified presence in Cigarettes, Hotels, Paperboards & Specialty Papers, Packaging, Agri-Business, Packaged Foods & Confectionery, Information Technology, Branded Apparel, Personal Care, Stationery, Safety Matches and other FMCG products.
* ITC's aspiration to be an exemplar in sustainability practices is manifest in its status as the only company in the world of its size and diversity to be 'carbon positive', 'water positive' and 'solid waste recycling positive.' In addition, ITC's businesses have created sustainable livelihoods for more than 5 million people, a majority of whom represent the poorest in rural India.
e-Choupal rural digital-physical infrastructure
* ITC’s globally awarded e-Choupal initiative is a... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 02). Csr of Itc Limited. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Csr-Of-Itc-Limited-593557.html
"Csr of Itc Limited" StudyMode.com. 02 2011. 2011. 02 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Csr-Of-Itc-Limited-593557.html>.
- MLA 7
"Csr of Itc Limited." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2011. Web. 02 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Csr-Of-Itc-Limited-593557.html>.
"Csr of Itc Limited." StudyMode.com. 02, 2011. Accessed 02, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Csr-Of-Itc-Limited-593557.html.