Crown Cork

Only available on StudyMode
  • Pages : 2 (685 words )
  • Download(s) : 237
  • Published : May 12, 2010
Open Document
Text Preview
Crown Cork & Seal en 1989
The changes taking place in the metal container industry at the time of the Crown, Cork and Seal case using Porter's 5 forces can be described as follows: Los cambios que tienen lugar en la industria de envases de metal en el momento de la Corona, Cork y el caso del sello con 5 fuerzas de Porter se puede describir como sigue:

Current Players Los jugadores actuales
There was a high concentration of market share held by five companies in the metal can industry. Había una alta concentración de cuota de mercado de cinco empresas del sector metal. Collectively, the five companies held 61% of the market, with the remaining 39% shared by approximately 100 firms. En conjunto, las cinco empresas que tenía el 61% del mercado, con el 39% restante compartida por aproximadamente 100 empresas. With the five firms holding a large market share, the competitive environment becomes more like a monopoly and therefore less competitive. Con las cinco empresas que poseen una gran cuota de mercado, el entorno competitivo se transforma en un monopolio y por tanto menos competitivos. The rivalry among the five firms seems to have intensified due to the following observed industry characteristics: La rivalidad entre las cinco empresas parece haberse intensificado debido a las características de la industria observó lo siguiente: 1. 1. The little growth potential for metal cans in the 1990s and the analysts' expectations of plastics as the "growth segment for containers." El potencial de crecimiento poco de latas de metal en la década de 1990 y las expectativas de los analistas de los plásticos como el segmento de crecimiento "para los contenedores." 2. 2. Since they all produced mostly two-piece cans and catered to the metal beverage containers market, there appears to be a low product differentiation among the five firms. Ya que todos producen principalmente latas de dos piezas y abasteció a la bebida de metal contenedores de mercado, no parece haber...
tracking img