University of Phoenix Material
Critical Issue Analysis
After reading the selected critical issue, use the following questions to analyze the issue. 1. What are at least two facts presented by each side of the critical issue? Two facts that are presented by both sides of the critical issue are Psychological debriefing and crisis incident stress debriefing is need for survivors of trauma and both sides debate on when is the appropriate time to us it.
2. What are at least two opinions presented by each side of the critical issue? Point side:
• Good intentions and the passion to help following a trauma may result in paradoxical effects, • Debriefing is widely and routinely practiced, and is increasingly turned to as a first resort when disasters strike. Counterpoint:
• Crisis intervention is not intended to be a substitute for psychotherapy, but rather an effective provision of support following life-threatening trauma • There is ample justification for having unequivocal confidence in the group CISD process when it is properly applied.
3. What are some of the strengths associated with the Pro side of the issue? What are some of the weaknesses? Strength:
4. What are some of the strengths associated with the Con side of the issue? What are some of the weaknesses?
5. How credible were the authors of each argument? Explain your answer.
6. Based on the statements presented in this critical issue, which author do you agree with? Why?
7. Which side of this critical issue does contemporary research support? Please provide specific examples in your response.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document