I Executive Summary .
II Physical Setting ...........................................................................
III Economy ..
IV Legal and Political Environment .
V Labor Force .
VI Culture .
VII Costa Rica's Attractiveness .
It is every ventures desire to gain market share and increase revenue. Both of these goals can be reached by expanding to a new market. It is our hope to bring new ventures to the developing country of Costa Rica. Costa Rica is a central location for the U.S. and South America. With it's position on the Caribbean Sea and North Pacific Ocean there is easy access for both freight and cruse ships. To our satisfaction Costa Rica has had a very stable government, reducing some political risks we could encounter. Initially Costa Rica seems to be a good market to enter and we feel would be very promising with research collected and reviewed.
I. Physical Setting and its impact on business
(1) Located at 10 00 N, 84 00 W
(2) In Central America, bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, between Nicaragua and Panama (Costa Rica)
(i) Easy Access by ship by both the Caribbean Sea and North Pacific Ocean.
(1) Area is 51,100 sq km (roughly about twice the size as Vermont) (Background Note: Costa Rica, 2004)
(2) Terrain is coastal plains separated by rugged mountains including over 100 volcanic cones, of which several are major volcanoes
(3) Lowest point: Pacific Ocean 0 m
(4) Highest point: Cerro Chirripo 3,810 m(Costa Rica)
(5) Divided into 3 geographic division
(i) Meseta Central
(a) Rich agricultural valley is cradled by the flanks of the Cordillera Talamanca to the south
(b) San José, the capital, lies at its center
Cite This Essay
(2006, 04). Costa Rica. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2006, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Costa-Rica-84719.html
"Costa Rica" StudyMode.com. 04 2006. 04 2006 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Costa-Rica-84719.html>.
"Costa Rica." StudyMode.com. 04, 2006. Accessed 04, 2006. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Costa-Rica-84719.html.