Corporal Punishment

Topics: Corporal punishment, Spanking, Corporal punishment in the home Pages: 2 (476 words) Published: December 2, 2012
Corporal Punishment
Argument Essay

Corporal Punishment should not be enforced to teach children from misbehaving. To spank and to hit children in todays society Is considered morally wrong but often unpracticed. There is a fine line between abusive hitting and spanking your child on the caboose. Parents who hit their children wither at home or in public leave mental and physical scars that could untimely influence violent behavior in children.

Children who are physically punished at home hardly ever learn their lesson. Researchers from the Catalog of Physiologic Study have proved that punishing a child through corporal punishment only leads to more misbehaver. Instead, by confronting them in a calm matter has shown to work better by 35 percent, rather than hitting. In addition, by taking away something that the child possess dear to their hearts for a certain period of time forces them to behave in an orderly manner. For example, when a child runs up a cell phone bill, it would make more sense to take away the cell phone rather than physically spank the child and allowing them to keep the cell phone. By keeping the cell phone, children are more likely to take risks. Although, by taking away the phone children understand if they were to take another risk they would jeopardize not having a phone.

Society can be viewed as extremely hypocritical. Their viewpoints on public corporal punishment can be seen as evil. More than 90 percent of the community disagrees with corporal punishment while they are in public, but only 15 percent will practice what they preach in their homes. This leaves about 85 percent of parents who exercise spanking in the comfort of their own homes. This hypocritical trait is what leads to frustration in parents and confusion in children. Many times the frustration from not being able to punish children in public leads to a more severe punishment at home. This is often seen when teachers notify higher...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Is Corporal Punishment Needed Essay
  • Essay on Corporal Punishment
  • The Effects of Using Physical Punishment to Discipline Children Research Paper
  • Corporal Punishment Essay
  • Essay on corporal punishment
  • Corporal Punishment Essay
  • A Debate on Corporal Punishment Essay
  • Corporal Punishment Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free