Choose from the brackets the correct coordinating conjunctions that will complete the sentences. 1. I opened the door _________ looked out. (and, yet)
2. She was not in the back yard, _________ was she upstairs. (or, nor) 3. The sun had set, _________ it was still light outside. (or, yet) 4. Do you know his address _________ telephone number? (but, or) 5. Neither the teacher _____ the students are coming to school. (or, nor) 6. I read the book, _________ did not understand it. (but, or) 7. We searched diligently, ________ found nothing. (or, yet) 8. I invited him _________ his friends. (and, but)
B - EXERCISE:
Try to fill in the blanks using the appropriate conjunction. Use commas if necessary. 1. My dad _______ I are going fishing this afternoon.
2. The old man doesn’t have much money _____ he always seems to have nice things. 3. Either we are going to win ______ they are going to win. 4. I don’t have much time _____ hurry up!
5. He wasn’t a popular king _____ all of his countrymen hated him. 6. I want to get there early ____ we should leave soon.
7. It doesn’t matter whether they get the job ___ not. 8. We don’t like red ____ do I like blue.
9. I ran after the cat _____ could not catch her.
10. We played very well ____ we still lost the game
C - EXERCISE:
Use a coordinating conjunction to combine the following sentences: FANBOYS 1. The curtains were pulled shut. The school was empty.
2. Alvin has always lived in the city. His parents bought a home in the suburbs. 3. Biggie Molar has a toothache. He will see the dentist, Dr. I. Yankum. 4. Carmelo received a new Mini Cooper. He passed all his subjects with A’s. 5. I do not want to take a trip to Mt. Rushmore. I do not want to stay home.
D - EXERCISE:
Use a coordinating conjunction to combine the following sentences: FANBOYS 1. The boys were given five detentions each. They had cut Mr. Atom’s...