AFTER SALE SERVICE
THREE PRODUCT LEVEL
2. When Converse outsourced production of its shoes to India. It entered into licensing arrangement. What are the benefits and risks of that action? Do you think it has helped or hurt the company? The brand? BENEFITS
* Cost was reduced
* Scope for alternative cost quantity benefit raised
* Product was made cheaper on removal of
“Made in USA” tag.
Legal compliance will be reduced
* Localization will hamper the brand image
* Lost of one of the brand element will make it weak
* Faith in consumer for the product will be diluted
* Reduction in legal compliance will make company irresponsible
3. What are the sources of brand equity for both Converse and Chuck Taylor All stars? * Basic Brand Elements
* Chucks’ Logo, Dr. J, “Take the soul to the whole”, Wade’s sock liner map,. * Marketing Promotions
* “The first school” T.V. advertising ,Quardrupling expenses, Marketing activities * Other factors
* Associations, Brand Ambassadors, Co-branding, Licensing
* Choosing the best brand elements to market the shoes.
* Company developed brand elements and new products to increase the brand equity. * Company designed personalized marketing activities.
* Company started leveraging its secondary associations to create brand equity.
Q. ANALYZE THE NIKE-ERA DIRECTION OF CONVERSE. (A) ASSESS THE BENEFITS AND RISKS OF THE FASHION AND PERFORMANCE STRATEGIES INDIVIDUALLY, AND OF THE COMBINED TWO-TIRED APPROACH. (B) WHAT TARGETING AND POSITIONING WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR THE CONVERSE BRAND IN THE FUTURE? NIKE-ERA DIRECTION OF CONVERSE
* ACQUIRING A FADING COMPANY WHICH WAS STRUGGLING IN THE MARKET. * AFTER THE...