* Tempreture at 15-18 degrees or 20-22 degrees for babies * Fireguards in front of fires
* Radiators and pipes covered
* Smoke alarms and emergency equipment available.
lighting and electricity
* All areas well lit for full visibility
* Current breakers for all electrical equipment
* Plugs covered
* Window opens when nesscesery to circulate air so that there are no draughts * The space used must meet basic requirements
* Locks and toughened glass on window
Doors and gates
* All the external gates and doors locked and coded as appropriate * Handles and locks out of reach of children
* Safety gates to BSI standard
* Toughened glass when needed
Outdoor and indoor surfaces
* Soft under climbing equipment
* Easily cleanable
These must be kept clear, unlocked and made known to all children and adults, including visitors, in the case of an emergency evacuation. 3.1. Explain how to effectively care for children and young people’s skin, hair and teeth Childrens personal care needs to cover hair, teeth and personal hygiene, so that they can be healthy and develop appropriately. You will play a prt in supporting these needs and ensuring that they are an important aspect of your setting. For younger children, hygiene and care are seems as an important part of the curriculum. You will need to make sure that children’s sin, hair and teeth are appropriately cared for. Babies have different needs to older children and young people. As children grow up they become more independent in their skin and hair care routines. You must work with parents to find out their skin and hair care routines. Every family has different routines, needs and traditions. The parents will also be able to advice on the best products to use if their child has an allergy or irritation.
Skincare helps to stop infection to the rest of the body, if a hild has dirty skin or an infection, he or she will feel uncomfortable. Encourage the habit of washing their hands.
* Find out about chldren’s needs by talking to them or the parents * African-carribean children often have oil rubbed in hair, wear braids, and need less frequent hair washing * Allergies will require specific products
* Head lice are common, treatment varies and can include special combs and lotions. Toothcare
The way teeth are cared for is...