1. What organ(s) is(are) involved?
2. What primary tissue type is involved?
3. What specific type of tissue is affected?
4. What specific types of cells produce the normal microanatomy of the tissue?
5a.What is the significance of your great aunt's age and gender?
5b. What normally happens to the microanatomy of the specific tissue you identified as it ages?
6. What age-related alterations in the activities of the cells you identified cause this change in microanatomy?
7. What is the significance of your great aunt being a woman?
8. What disease caused the abnormal anatomical symptoms and led to the fracture?
Underline one: Osteoporosis or Paget's disease (osteitis deformans)
9. What aspects of the above description help you distinguish these two possibilities? Explain.
10. What notable anatomical features do the diseased locations have in common?
11. Choose a therapy that is listed in your text and explain how it works to prevent this disease.
[If modification of the diet is suggested, which of the basic four food groups would you recommend increasing consumption?]
The orthopedic surgeon...