1. Provide a brief summary differentiating conservation and preservation. * Conservation is basically for human use. When people want to use land for oil drilling and build over something that has not been touch. Preservation wants to preserve the land and stop people from using it for other resources. *
2. Do you believe humans may harvest forest resources in an environmentally friendly way, or should national forests be left in their natural state? * I would prefer national forests be left in their natural state. *
3. To which side are you inclined?
* Preservation is the side that I incline to support.
4. Provide specific examples from the video as you defend your position. * I feel that there certain things that should be left alone. When looking at the video I saw people that wanted to visit this place to relax, to just look at the natural beauty of. This forest has not been touched other than by nature alone this. This forest is clearly one the most beautiful places in the world. I am not tree hugger or anything of that sort but I do not understand that people would want to drill for oil there. That will only lead to higher pollution in the area due to machinery. I also understand the complaint about needing oil from our own country to lower oil costs. The thing is as time goes by energy and oil costs will go up is called, inflation. Even if they did oil mine in that forest will oil prices go down to what they were 100 years ago. I seriously doubt it. It will probably increase to pay for the efforts that are going into oil mining in that area. I would say If it is not broke do not fix it. I lived in one of the most beautiful parts of the country in Mississippi and it is naturally beautiful in the forest there if someone wanted to drill oil in that area I would be upset. Just like the people in Wyoming. I think America needs some places that are not destroyed by...