This week, you have spent time reviewing and reflecting upon your relationship to Walden University through its vision, mission, and outcomes. You have also thought about yourself in the role of a scholar-practitioner who effects social change.
• Review the Walden vision and mission statements.
• Reflect on the meaning of the term scholar–practitioner.
• Consider the knowledge and skills needed to become a scholar-practitioner who effects social change.
• Review the Walden University Outcomes noting those that are most relevant to your studies and goals. ________________________________________
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 your response to the following statements:
• Identify four of the University Outcomes that you believe are particularly relevant to your studies at Walden, to your goals as a DBA candidate, and to your development as a scholar-practitioner who effects social change.
The word scholar means learned person, and practitioner means person practicing a profession. Four of the University Outcomes that I believe are particularly relevant to my studies at Walden, to my goals as a DBA candidate, and to my development as a scholar-practitioner who effects social change are: 1.To understand and continuously develop and change myself, the organizations in which I work, and society at large. 2.To practice in my professional fields legally and ethically. 3.To appreciate, respect, and advocate for diversity and multiculturalism within my professional fields 4.To function flexibly and effectively in a variety of educational environments, including online and distributed environments. (Walden Catalog, 2011). I picked the four Walden University Outcomes because in this modern day and age, we have to be open to change. We are conducting businesses across borders. The world is evolving and we cannot be stuck in the ways of our fore fathers. But even as we effect...