Corporate Training Materials
Module One: Getting Started
• Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. • This course will give participants a sixstep process that they can use and modify to resolve conflicts of any size. • Participants will also learn crucial conflict resolution skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippmann
• • • • Conflict is always negative. Conflict is always violent. Conflict is inevitable. Anyone can experience conflict.
• • • • • Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean Understand all phases of the conflict resolution process Understand the five main styles of conflict resolution Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts Be able to break out parts of the process and use those tools to prevent conflict • Be able to use basic communication tools • Be able to use anger & stress management techniques
Module Two: An Introduction to Conflict Resolution
• People often assume that conflict is always negative. This is not true! • People are inherently different, and conflict simply happens when those differences come to light. • With a conflict resolution process, people can explore and understand those differences, and use them to interact in a more positive, productive way.
Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein
What is Conflict? (I)
• The Random House Dictionary defines conflict as, “to come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash.” • Remember, everyone experiences conflict – it’s how you deal with it that matters.
What is Conflict? (II)
• Conflict can also be healthy.
– Two companies vie for the top market share of a particular product – Several sales teams work to get first place – Six hockey teams work towards... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). Conflict Resolution in a Workplace. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Conflict-Resolution-In-A-Workplace-621998.html
"Conflict Resolution in a Workplace" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Conflict-Resolution-In-A-Workplace-621998.html>.
"Conflict Resolution in a Workplace." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Conflict-Resolution-In-A-Workplace-621998.html.