TO: David Smith, Youth Corrections Coordinator FROM: Alexis Greenidge, Social Service Worker SUBJECT: Stress Management Seminar, Niagara Falls Conference Centre DATE SUBMITTED: October 05, 2012
On Friday October 01, I travelled by company car to Niagara Falls Conference Centre to attend a seminar called Stress Management, presented by Peter Green a professional coach. I left the office at 8:00 a.m. that morning and returned at 5:00 p.m.
This workshop discusses the individual and unique causes and effects of stress. Activities help participants focus on strategies to reduce and cope with stress individually as well as in the workplace.
Understanding what stress is
8:45 - 10:45
* Defining stress
* Differentiating between eustress and distress
Understanding the effects of stress
10:45 – 12:00
* Learning about and understanding different responses to stress and how this differs between individuals * Learning about the positive and negative aspects of stress * Reviewing the effects of chronic stress
BREAK FOR LUNCH 12:00 – 1:00
Identifying workplace stress
1:00 – 2:45
* Learning to identify symptoms specific to workplace stress * Defining and understanding crises and critical incident stress in the workplace
Learning and practicing stress reduction tools
2:45 – 4:30
* Defining and understanding stress management
* Identifying stress keys and stress reduction techniques * Applying techniques in class
There were 50 participants from local business that attended this seminar. There was a blend of lecture and activities that we all participated in. The Stress Management Coach distributed many handouts outlining the important points for the seminar.
Seminar was paid...