Competitive analysis of Gini & Jony
Deepa Arthi S
International brands for kids wear:
We have taken five international brands for the competitive analysis. The brands are * Chicco
* Tommy Hilfiger
* United Color of Benetton
* Reebok Juniors
* Mother Care
Chicco is an Italian baby care brand established in 1958. Chicco specialize in making clothing and equipment for babies and toddlers. Chicco is a multinational company. Strength:
* Customers can get everything under one roof .i.e., Apparels, Nursing, Toys, Shoes, Jombynol(Both outdoor and indoor), Car seat(Outdoor). * Benefits & usage of the products are written nearby the product which makes the customer aware & how to use the product. * Customers are totally satisfied.
* Apparels and pram sells more
* Only high class and upper high class people are coming. * Store size is small in India i.e 1100 sq.ft.
* Nowadays more people are aware of this brand. So there is chance of increase in sales. * Now they are into ayurvedic products also for kids. Consumer actually need for babies without chemicals so there is a chance of increase in sales. Threats:
* Design of the entire layout is not changed more often so it gives the same look which doesn’t attract customers. * As the store is located in mall many competitors are there
Tommy Hilfiger is an American fashion designer and founder of the premium lifestyle brand Tommy Hilfiger Corporation. Tommy Hilfiger is an American company which is incorporated in Hong Kong.
* They exchange the product within one year.
* Welcoming gifts are provided for the children’s like chocolates. * As the shop is located in open market conversion rate is more.
* Small square feet area is available i.e 525 sq.ft
* No special visual merchandiser is available.
* No incentives are given to the sales person.
* It is a kids wear but no infants merchandise are available. Opportunities:
* Recently they have introduced Disney cartoon characters in the merchandise so there is more chance for them to increase in the sales. * Sales increase more if they include for infants also.
* As the store is located in open market many competitors are there. * As there is no special visual merchandiser available the VM may not be effective. United color of Benetton:
It is a global fashion brand of Benetton group S.P.A. based in Italy. Europe’s largest clothing manufacturer. UCB is the world biggest consumer of wool in the garment sector.
* They have more comic series i.e. Spiderman, Captain America, Superman, Batman. * Whenever they are giving discounts, offers only first three days for loyal customers. * More range of accessories like bags, Caps, Flip flop, Hair band, Barbie Wallets. * Visual merchandising is very attractive by using props. Weakness:
* Lack of knowledge of sales persons.
* No incentives to sales person.
* Lack of sizes in merchandise.
* If more sizes are provided the sales might increase more. * The square feet of the store is more if they use properly the sales may increase. * As they are using more cartoon characters in the merchandise the sales may increase. Threats:
* As the sales person is lacking of knowledge the consumer may not get aware of the product and there is chance of decrease in sales. Reebok juniors:
* Continuous information is given to the regular customers. * Rather than apparels they also provide cricket bat, ball, school bag, laptop bag, luggage bag, sunglass, slippers....