Our vision statement
"To be part of people’s daily lives by providing reliable and simple products and services that help people interact and communicate better."
Our mission statement
"To maintain our position as the leading mobile service provider in Egypt, providing the best quality service to our customers,
the best working environment for our employees,
top value for our shareholders
and proudly contributing to the development of our community."
Since its inception in May 1998, Mobinil has thrived to maintain its position as the leading mobile service operator in Egypt. Honoring the trust of 20 million customers, Mobinil is committed to maintain its position as the leading mobile service provider in Egypt, providing the best quality service for customers, the best working environment for employees, top value for shareholders, and proudly contributing to the development of the community. Our shareholders, Orange and Orascom Telecom Holding (OTH) are international leaders in the realm of telecommunication. Mobinil has benefited from years of experience in an international context to become the largest wireless service provider in the Middle East.
The 10-year market leader:
1. Mobinil is the first GSM operator in Egypt
2. First to receive the certified ISO 14001 in Egypt and the Middle East 3. First to introduce the Edge technology
4. First to implement the NGOSS technology provided by HP 5. First to launch 8000 service
6. First to introduce Mobilist
7. First to launch the e-Recharge service
8. First to introduce the Clip+ service
9. First to establish roaming agreements with the USA and Canada 10. First to present the Voice SMS service
11. First to present the voice mail service
12. First to cancel the administration fees
13. First to offer per-second billing
14. First to offer life-time validity
15. First to introduce a special tariff for regions
Whether in the personal or business segments, our innovation extends to products and services that are carefully tailor-made to suit customers’ diverse needs. Our philosophy of tailoring tariff plans and personalizing offers to cater to the changing needs of our customers with different lifestyles in Egypt is reflected in the diversity of our services. Mobinil keeps expanding new services, proving once more its creativity and customer-driven culture.
Mobinil is committed to provide the best working environment for over 3000 employees. We offer an open, challenging and dynamic environment with opportunities of growth not to be found by any other employer in the region. When you are reaching for excellence, you have to build a foundation of excellence. Our well-trained and highly skilled employees experience the challenge of the most dynamic global industry - the Mobile communications industry.
Company fact sheet
During 2007 and after acquiring the 3G license, Mobinil has taken solid steps towards a steady and full-fledged modernization and optimization of its mobile network. September 1st, 2008 marks this new milestone in Mobinil's history, as the leading mobile operator in Egypt reveals a new state-of-the-art technology supported by 3G services, HSDPA and HSUPA in addition to the latest GSM features, enhanced GPRS and EDGE technologies well suited for the needs of Egyptian customers.
1. In cooperation with mobile giants Nokia Siemens Networks and Huawei, Mobinil deployed 700 3G sites in August 2008. 2. Mobinil has expanded the core network by three extra switches with capacity exceeding three million subscribers based on Huawei New Generation best in class technology [NGN]. 3. More than 2000 radio antennas have been replaced.
4. Mobinil teamed up with Alcatel Lucent to support moving subscribers from traditional database to the state-of-the-art "New Generation" database....