Web Source Evaluation
1. What is your expository essay topic? ____Tattoos_________________________________________________
2. Provide the URL of the Web site: http://new.bbc,co,uk/2/hi/uk.nes/magazine/7034500.stm
3. What is the name of Web site: So why do ‘normal’ people get tattoos
4. Primary use: Educational Commercial xxx Other
5. What is the purpose or goal of this Web site? __To inform and tell people why normal people get tattoos and let everyone know it’s not just _bikers, gang members, and certain cultures that get tattoos._________________________________________
6. What organization or individual created this site? BBC News ___________________
7. Does this organization or individual have affiliations that might create a built-in bias toward the information? Explain your answer.
No, its just news that is interesting to people
What other references are cited for the information presented? _celebirty tattoos _____________________________
8. What other types of organizations are linked to this site? (Using the Google search engine, type link: and the Web site address [for example, link:www.Website.com].)
BBC weather, BBC daily news, facebook, podcast
9. Who is the author of the page? Does that person have valid credentials to present this information? Explain your answer.
BBC News and Author Finlo Rohere
10. Can you provide feedback on the Web site and create an exchange with the author or Web site manager?
11. When was the material on the Web site copyrighted? ___oct 2007__________ When was the material updated? __Tue 9th of Oct 2007________
12. How helpful is this site to you? Does it have the information you need? Explain your answers.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 02). Comp150 Appendix B. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Comp150-Appendix-B-598006.html
"Comp150 Appendix B" StudyMode.com. 02 2011. 02 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Comp150-Appendix-B-598006.html>.
"Comp150 Appendix B." StudyMode.com. 02, 2011. Accessed 02, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Comp150-Appendix-B-598006.html.