Syllabus for Term 1.
Internal Assessment Guide
• Students must hand in at least two well thought out topics and have chosen firmly the one they wish to pursue. This must be done in writing by Thursday’s lesson.
• Students must hand in the name of one source or research design they intend to use to get information for topic. This must be done by Tuesday’s class.
• Students must have three sources. They must vary; they must include both primary and secondary sources. The students must also have evaluated the sources in terms of validity and reliability and hand in these analyses in writing by Thursday’s class.
• Students must start to draft their exposition as they must know what information they intend to gather from each source. The first oral presentation of source material and an evaluation of the reliability and validity must be done in class during Thursday’s session.
• Students will start work on their general introduction for SBA. First draft will be due week 8.
• Individual conferences with students will be done during Tuesday’s session to iron out difficulties and make sure they are on track.
• First draft of general introduction due.
• The second oral presentation of the rationale will be done during Tuesday’s class. Students must be prepared to tell the class why they chose the topic and what they hope to accomplish. (Follow the handout).
• Students must produce the first finished draft of their expository speech for analysis by Thursday’s class.
• Students should practice their speeches while awaiting revision notes. Speeches will be given back by Thursday’s class.
• Last oral presentation of full exposition in front of class. Chance for review and last minute changes. This will be done on Thursday.