SWOT Apple :
- Good reputation among consumers always with innovative products (ipod: the first portable music player) - A high turnover and the company is quoted on stock
- They have their own operating system (Linux)
- Customer loyalty to the brand it create a community among users of Apple - An operating system more intuitive than Microsoft.
- Steeve Job’s death destabilized the brand
- Product prices are higher than other competitors' products - Lack of flexibility (you can’t install freeware)
- Young children are using more and more products such as Iphone, Iphone to play. - Gap between prices of iphone and android who is closing.
- The androids are developing their own applications (andoid market) - Arrival of computers with batteries that have autonomy from 9am (DELL) - Tablet PC are becoming more accessible (price) with competition
SWOT Samsung :
- Highly technical and developed products
- Create their operating system for mobile phone (Bada system) - Quick adaptation to competitors' innovations
- Several sector are covered (tv, laptop, computer ...) if loss of money, it’s offset by other sectors - Reputation of the brand = high-tech
- Several sectors covered brand catchall
- Creating products from the competition forger
- The operating system Bada is new it is not led bugs, lack of applications...
- Growing on Indian market
- Positive brand in terms of consumers = quality
- Increase in prices of raw material
- Strong competition on the various markets covered by samsung.
2- Which generic strategy :
About the generic strategy, Apple applies the broad differentiation strategy. Indeed, Apple differentiates with his high quality products, the service that they propose (Apple community) has if they products are realized for the best.