ICAICT202A Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment Assessment
ICAICT202A Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment
Table of Contents
Assessment Task 13
Assessment Task 25
Part 2 – Questioning and active listening techniques6
Assessment Task 37
Required documents and equipment7
Assessment Task 1
1. Define the term ‘communication cycle’.
The communication cycle comprises of:
2. List the main responsibilities in managing IT resources within an organisation.
* Tracking physical location
3. Briefly explain why communication is an essential part of information technology. The success of an endeavour hinges on the ability to communicate effectively in today's fast paced life, everyone is asked to do more with less. In such a scenario effective communication holds the key. http://www.publishyourarticles.org/knowledge-hub/articles/communication-skills.html
4. List two evolving IT technologies. Also provide your source of information.
1. Cloud Computing
A model for delivering information technology services in which resources are retrieved from the internet through web-based tools and applications, rather than a direct connection to a server. http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/enterprise-solutions/cloud-services/
2. VDI (virtualized desktop infrastructure)
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is an alternative delivery model that allows users to access secure and centrally-managed desktops running in the datacenter. http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/virtualization/vdi.aspx
3. Define the term “outsourcing” and list two reasons why an organisation might have reasons for outsourcing.
IT outsourcing is the practice of seeking resources -- or subcontracting -- outside of an organizational structure for all or part of an Information Technology function.
4. List four different IT job roles (in different support areas) in an organisation. 1. help desk support
2. network support
3. web site maintenance
4. software support
5. List six personal attributes and work ethics that you should follow as an employee in an Information Technology position. 1. patients
5. good listener
6. Define the following terms
* industrial award
An award is a ruling handed down by either Fair Work Australia or by a state industrial relations commission which grants all wage earners in one industry the same conditions of employment and wages.
* enterprise agreement
An enterprise agreement is a voluntary and negotiated agreement between a group of staff (or their union representatives) and their employer, about conditions of employment and wages.
* workplace agreement
An workplace agreement is a voluntary and negotiated agreement between an individual employee (or their union representatives) and their employer, about conditions of employment and wages.
7. Describe what is meant by the term “key player” in the IT industry and find information on one key player from each of the following IT areas: * Vendors
* IT Consultancy
* Professional body
From your information, list the name and briefly describe each of the organisations. Also provide your source of information.
Key players in the IT sector are those that have influence and interest in the direction and use of Information and Communications Technology.
Hewlett-Packard Company or HP is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States that provides...