Axia College Material
Web Source Evaluation
1. What is your expository essay topic? Eating Healthy to Prevent Chronic Diseases
2. Provide the URL of the Web site: www.associatedcontent.com
3. Provide the name of Web site: Associated Content
4. Primary use:
5. What is the purpose or goal of this Web site? The purpose of this Web site is to publish informative information on any topic by people sharing their expertise from diverse perspectives.
6. What organization or individual created this site? This site was created by Luke Beatty in Denver, Colorado in 2005.
7. Does this organization or individual have affiliations that might create a built-in bias toward the information? Explain your answer.
I believe this web site does have affiliations that might create a built-in bias toward the information because they have links to articles on the Tiger Woods situation that has recently been in the news.
What other references are cited for the information presented? There were no other references cited for the information presented.
8. What other types of organizations are linked to this site? (Using the Google search engine, type link: and the Web site address [for example, link:www.Website.com].)
www.facebook.com; www.newser.com; www.TheFrisky.com/TigerWoods.com;
9. Who is the author of the page? Does that person have valid credentials to present this information? Explain your answer.
The article I read was written by LeighAnn Mohr. She does not have any credentials other than earning her GED from Americana Learning Center. She has been published on Associated Content since January 2007.
10. Can you provide feedback on the Web site and create an exchange with the author or Web site manager?
This website provides you with links to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document