Write a 100- to 150-word response to each of the following questions:
What are the advantages of having diversity in a collaborative learning environment?
In a collaborative learning environment the advantages of diversity, or being diverse are far and wide. The differences that we all have are intriguing and that in it self can get a discussion started. Everyone has a unique way of doing things, whether it’s there style of work, language, or way of learning. Through collaboration we can use our differences to help strengthen each others flaws by talking about similar mistakes we have been through at a certain point in our lives; or helping someone achieve a goal based off of past experiences. In group projects diversity can help to determine what role each person will play in successfully completing the task.
How might factors such as diversity, attitude, learning, and work styles affect collaboration?
* Diversity, attitude, learning, and work styles can all be used in collaboration as great tools to
* succeed. When you have a group of people determined to accomplish a goal there are so many
* positive factors that make accomplishment of a task easy. With every positive force there is a
* negative force and this is no exception to the rule. Some people’s attitude, and style of learning
* and work do not compliment group work. Sometimes our diversity can be a great asset, where as
* in some cases we need to just put our diverse way of learning, working, and attitude a side.
How does personal responsibility influence the work and success of a group?
In my opinion the success of a group can only be achieved by turning our individual skills, thoughts, and research into a melting pot of ideas. As individuals in a group we are dependent on each others strengths, qualities, and views; as well as the recognition of our flaws to be successful.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 11). Collaboration Learning Environment. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Collaboration-Learning-Environment-1209621.html
"Collaboration Learning Environment" StudyMode.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Collaboration-Learning-Environment-1209621.html>.
- MLA 7
"Collaboration Learning Environment." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Collaboration-Learning-Environment-1209621.html>.
"Collaboration Learning Environment." StudyMode.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Collaboration-Learning-Environment-1209621.html.