Marketing Math Assignment
1If 5,850,000 people bought a new car in 2002 compared to 5,513,000 people in 2001, what was the growth rate of the new car market in 2002? The answer is 6.11%
2. If 5,513,000 people bought a new car in 2001 compared to 5,444,000 in 2000, what was the growth rate of the new car market in 2001? The answer is 1.27%
3. If 5,444,000 bought a new car in 2000 compared to 5,281,000 in 1999, what was the growth rate of the new car market in 2000? The answer is 3.09%
4. According to your answers to questions 1–3, is the new car market in Canada growing, stable, or in decline? The new car market in Canada is growing and sable.
5. If the sales of packaged rice totalled $4,060,768 in 2002, which was below rice category sales of $4,408,000 in 2001, how much did the rice market decline in 2002? The answer is 7.87%
6. If 251,000 people took out a mortgage on their house in 2002 for home improvement and renovation purposes, compared to 256,000 such mortgages in 2001, how much did the market for home improvement loans decline in 2002? The answer is 1.95%
7. If 3,250,000 cases of detergent were sold through grocery stores, drug stores, and mass merchandisers in 2002 compared to 3,125,000 cases in 2001 and 2,976,000 cases in 2000, how much did the detergent market grow in each of the past two years? What does this suggest will happen with detergent market sales in 2003? The First year is 4%, the second year is 5.01%.it will grow detergent market sales in 3% 2003. 8. Complete the following chart. What does this information suggest will happen with potato chip market sales for the next 3 years.
| Growth Rate
9. If 5,850,000 people bought a new car last year and 756,789 of these people bought sub-compacts, what share did sub-compacts have of the new car market last year? The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document