The organizational study undertaken as part of the curriculum was donw at KERAFED LTd. This study provides an opportunity to expose the students to an industry/org and its operational conditions. Thid study also aims at having a better understanding of various deprtmts & its functioning. This report consist of a detailed study of the history of the org, prdt profile, org hierarcy, various depts. & their functioning etc.. This study proved to be fruitful by familiarizing us to the org & at the same time it also helped us to create practical awreness. KERAFED was selected for undergoing the org study for the following reasons: One of the largest coconut oil producers in India.
Its coconut oil complex at Kpply in Kollam district houses state-of the art facilities for extraction s one of the largest coconut oil mill in the subcontinent with an installed capacity of 200 TPD. It increases the income of 29 lakh farmers families & create employment opputunities in the industrial sector.
* VISION AND MISSION
The vision and mission is mainly to protect the interest of the coconut farmers of the state and thereby * Reduce edible oil imports;
* Provide an impulse effect on internal production of coconut.
* Develop the agricultural potential of Kerala State.
* Strengthen the co-operative movement.
* Secure the marketing of coconut and its by-products, thereby assuring economic prices to the growers.
Thus to increase the income of 29 Lakh farmers' families and create employment opportunities is the industrial sector. * SUPPLIERS
The suppliers to the organization are primarily the Agricultural Co-operative Societies. The Cooperative societies Act was formed by an apex body of the cooperative societies involving coconut farmers of kerala. Thus avoiding the middlemen, results in the entire benefits being accrued to the farmers. * DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
* Kerala State Civil Supplies Corporation and Consumer Federation have taken up distribution of Kera, in the public sector thereby confirming Kera's availability to people at large. Additionally, in Kerala itself, we have over 5000 retail outlets selling Kera. Apart from meeting the market needs in kerala, kera has made its presence felt in Staes like Mhadya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh & Karnatakaalso. The program to popularize the brands incicties like New Delhi, Banglore, Mumbai and Kolkata is already on the roll. Kerafed has tie up with a leading retail chain inDubai and abu Dhabi for the two brands, ‘Kera’ and ‘Kera Kesh’. It is all these that makes Kerafed and Kera dictate the price of branded coconut oil and related products in the nation. * MAJOR PRODUCTS
Kerafed is the single largest procurer of coconut/copra, produced in Kerala.Kera brand coconut oil is produced from the copra of finest quality which is directly procured from coconut growers in Kerala.Kera brand is known for its quality, purity and reasonable price. Its quality is in conformity with the grade specification laid down by the Bureau of Indian Stds vide IS: 542-1968. Certification of Authorization to grade KeRA coconut oil under AGMARK has been obtainedwhich confirms purity of KERA oil. Kera, the branded oil from Kerafed, apart from being delivered in bulk, also comes to you in sizes very convenient, viz: 100 ml, 200 ml, 500 ml bottles, half and one litre pouches, 8 ml sachets, one litre pet bottles, 5 kg cans and 15 kg tins. The raw materials used for these packaging are of virgin/ food grade, approved by CFTRI. Secondary packing is done using 3/5 ply corrugated cartons, as per specifications. There are plans to develop more herbal oil products from coconut as the federation has recently introduced Kerajam Kesamrudam herbal oil in the state. Kera Agmark (One liter pet bottle)
Kera brand coconut oil is available in:-
Kera Popular (500ml,1000ml, pouches and 5 kg &...