I. Read the questions carefully and encircle the best answer. (No erasures.)
1. Which characteristics are part of TCP? (Choose two)
a. Reliable c. No flow control
b. Connectionless d. Resends anything not received
2. End system use port numbers to select the proper application what is the lowest port number that can be dynamically assigned by the host system?
a. 1 b. 128
b. 256 d. 1024
3. During data transfer, what is the receiving host responsible for? (Choose the best two answers).
a. Encapsulation d. segmentation
b. Acknowledgement e. reassembly
4. Why does tcp use a sequence number in the header?
a. To reassemble the segments into data
b. To identify the application layer protocol
c. To indicate the number of the next expected byte
d. To show the maximum number of bytes allowed during the session
5. What is the purpose of TCP/UDP numbers?
a. To track the different conversations crossing the network at the same time.
b. To indicate the beginning of a three-handshake
c. To reassemble the segments into the correct order
d. To indentify the number or data packets that can be sent without acknowledgement
6. Which layer of the OSI layer is connected with end-to-end message delivery over the network?
a. Network c. Data link
b. Transport d. Application
7. Which layers of the OSI model are combined into other layers of the TCP/IP model? (Choose all that apply)
a. Network e. Application
b. Presentation f. Physical
c. Internet g. Session
d. Data link h. Network access
e. Application I. Transport
8. Which of the following is associated with network layer?
a. IP address c. Frames
b. MAC address d. physical address
9. Which of the following is the process for interweaving multiple data streams onto one shared communication channel or network medium?
a. Multicasting c. multiplexing
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). Cisco Networking Exam1. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cisco-Networking-Exam1-930636.html
"Cisco Networking Exam1" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cisco-Networking-Exam1-930636.html>.
"Cisco Networking Exam1." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cisco-Networking-Exam1-930636.html.