Where was data collected?
Data was collected at Cipero River, South Trinidad
The Cipreo River was chosen as the area of study for pollution. The study of pollution was ideal for the area, as it is a major area which is situated near the San Fernando region, these very rivers banks where also overflown of the year 2010. When was data collected?
The field study was conducted on June 12th 2012, between the hours of 8.am. and 10.am. How was data collected?
Data was obtained by the use of various instruments, such as a *
Camera * Pen
* Stationary paper
* Measuring tape
* PH meter
What was done to obtain this data?
* 7 points of the Cipero river were examined, at each point of the river a cup was lowered into the water, by the use of the string, to obtain water from the river, the PH meter was then used to determine whether that part of the water was polluted, by showing results from the test either being acidic or alkaline.
* Data was also obtained, by determining the velocity of the water at each point of the river, which was visited.
1. Stationary paper was used to make a paper boat
2. Measuring tape was then used to measure a certain distance, this determined the departure and arrival of the boat at the given area. 3. The boat was then released and the stopwatch immediately started 4. When the paper boat passed the required distance the stopwatch was then stopped, results where then recorded.
* To identify the causes and consequences of pollution, at various points along Cipero River South, Trinidad.
Analysis and Discussion Do you know the meaning of the word pollution? Longman Geography for CSEC gives the definition as, “…the unclean state of the environment resulting in physical, chemical and biological changes that can seriously affect ecological systems.”...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document