Name___________________ Date ___________________ A Child Called “It” by Dave Pelzer
Chapter 2- Good Times
Part one: Character Identification: Describe who the characters are and what relationship they share with the main character. 1. Stephen Joseph = He was David’s father. He was a fireman and stood about 5’10 and weighed about 190 pounds. He had broad shoulders and forearms that would make any muscle man proud. His thick black eyebrows matched his hair
2. Catherine Roerva = David’s mother. She was a woman of average size and appearance. She was a woman who glowed with love for her children. She was very determined. She always had ideas, and she always took command of all family matters
3. Ronald and Stan = David’s two younger brothers
Directions-These words and ideas play a significant role throughout chapter two. What is the role and how does it effect the story? Be as detailed and as specific as possible.
4. red paint = One Day the mother did not feel like herself and she painted the steps and placed the mats down before the paint dried. David asked he why and she smiled responded, “I just wanted to surprise your father.” This effects the story because it shows that at one time the mother wanted to please her family.
5. Chinatown = The mother took the kids to Chinatown one day and when they got home started her record player and played Oriental music. She then decorated the dining room with Chinese lanterns. She dressed in a kimono and served a Chinese meal. This effects the story because it shows how the mother changed from a loving, fun mother into a crazy woman that could’nt care less about David.
6. pets = David’s house used to always be full of Pets and Dave was proud when he got to name the turtle. The mother used to always teach lessons about the different species of animals they had. This is effective...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document