Your review must be 4-5 typewritten pages, double-spaced and your paper should not exceed 8 typed pages. Your review must include the title of the book the author’s name, publisher and copyright of the book. Your review must include a discussion on what the book was about and the author’s purpose for writing the book it should also include a discussion of the author’s thesis. Examine the authors bias does he demonstrate bias. Remember all books have some type of bias.
Remember this is an analysis of the book and should include your opinion on whether you liked the book or did not like the book. You should also make a recommendation on whether you would endorse this book. Your review should also include a through summary of the content of the book. This should be more then just a discussion of the table of content. I also expect each student to analysis the sources the author used to support his thesis.
Guidelines for Writing a Book review:
1. Author, title, and publishing information of the book at the top of the page or as a title page. (Along with your name)
2. Introductory paragraph stating the thesis or the main point made by the author.
3. Description of the evidence presented to support the thesis. This is an analysis of the author’s sources.
4. Assessment of the arguments and evidence used. (Are they clear or unclear, strong or weak, convincing or unconvincing)
5. Any interpretation that is clearly noticeable in the author’s style of writing, for example is this a revisionist view of history.
6. A final paragraph summarizing the book’s strengths and weaknesses. (Was the thesis clear, was the evidence strong enough to support the thesis, were conclusions sound. Do you agree or disagree with the author’s assumptions, conclusions and interpretations.) [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 04). Cheese. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cheese-678305.html
"Cheese" StudyMode.com. 04 2011. 04 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cheese-678305.html>.
"Cheese." StudyMode.com. 04, 2011. Accessed 04, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cheese-678305.html.