World Literature and Composition
3 December 2012
Ernesto Che Guevara
1. Early Life
* Born in Rosario, Argentina on June 14,1928
* Oldest of four brothers and sisters
* Had his first asthma attack on the 2nd of May, 1930.
* Moved and Settled in Alta Gracia with his parents to find an adequate climate for his breathing conditions. This is where he spent most of his childhood.
2. Family Life
* Son of Celia de la Serna and Ernesto Guevara Lynch
* Was called Tete by his family.
* The fighting in Spain between the republicans and fascists is what alerted Guevara’s family’s interest toward politics. * His family was of high social background glued to a well-known reputation. * His first wife was Hilda Gadea. His second was Aleida March. 3. Education
* Was schooled by his mother due to his health condition
* Decided to study medicine after witnessing his grandmother’s agony and death for seventeen days. * Studied medicine at the University of Buenos Aires in 1947. This is when Guevara began to discover socialism and Marxist theory. In addition to this he began to develop deep hatred toward the United States government.
Che Guevara began to develop great interest toward politics after his motorcycle journey through different countries in South America. After witnessing the conditions of poverty, hunger, and the diseases people were suffering he started to move out the medical field thinking of other ways to support the unfortunate. In 1955 Guevara was introduced to Fidel Castro and his brother Raul. They as a group developed a plan to overthrow the Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista. As Castro planned for a last offensive against Batista’s troops, he led Guevara in charge of the eighth column with the power to move through islands and the ability to separate government forces around his area. As a result Batista left the country on New Year’s Eve of 1956. Ernesto main objective was...