Assignment 1: Off-the-job assessment
You will need to have completed your readings from the OLS and be aware of the reporting procedures in your state/territory to complete the following questions and case studies.
1. Access the website from your state below and state what steps are required for making a report as a mandatory reporter.(copying and pasting from these sites is not appropriate and may result in a “Not Competent” result)
Remember the following
Protective Concerns Are:
You are concerned about a child because you have:
• A child has disclosed (informed you) that they have been harmed or neglected.
• observed the child and seen indications that they are being abused or neglected.
• You have been made aware of possible indications of harm due to your involvement within the community outside of your professional role.
At all times remember to:
•always record any of your observations no information is irrelevant
• follow appropriate protocols of your centre and also child protection.
• consult notes and records
• inform and work with other workers that may need to know
• inform and work with other agencies if need be.
1. Step One
Responding to Concerns
· If concerns are for a child that you believe is in significant risk of harm then you would refer to step four.
· If you believe that a family should be referred to child First then you go to step three
· In all other situations you go to step two
2. Step Two
Forming a Belief on Reasonable Grounds
· Think about the level of danger the child may be involved in
Is your belief informed that the child is at risk or is in significant danger think yes or no?
· Do you doubt the ability of the parents care toward the child or protection of the child yes or no?
· If yes for the...