1. Major characters of the story
* Baldo was the one who narrated the story. He was the younger brother of Leon. He was an obedient, innocent and naive young boy. * He has a secret feeling to the wife of Leon.
Leon (or Noel)
* He is the older brother of Baldo who studied in Manila where he met his wife. * Leon was the one who brought home a wife. He was a responsible, gentle and a loving husband. Maria
* The beautiful and stunning wife of Leon from Manila
* Tall and lovely lady with a long nail but not painted and look so fragrant like a morning when papayas are in bloom.
* Maria had been born and grew up in a big city. She was the wife of Leon. She was a supportive, creative and a loving wife.
* The bull whom Baldo considers as his pet.
* Served as the transportation of Leon, Maria and Baldo because of his cart at its back.
* Maria's ex-boyfriend who happened to be a loro.
* Leon's favorite fictional character who gave him lots of guts to study in Manila
* Labang's girlfriend/fiance
Father was the one who instructed Baldo on what he will do while he is on the road together with Leon and Maria. 2. Setting and mood of the story
* Nabrecan, Buang, La Union
* How my brother brought a wife focuses on the aforementioned culture class or the setting shift when someone from the barrio or the city is transported to another.
3. The plot
The exposition of the story is, when Maria stepped down from the Carretela of Ca Celin. Maria was tall and a lovely lady with a long nails but there are not painted and she look so fragrant like a morning when papayas are in bloom. When Maria stepped down she saw her husband named Leon together with his younger brother waiting for her and Leon immediately put down the two trunks on the grassy part of the road and he paid Ca Celin twice from the usual fare from the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document