O-ong Elementary School
One of the most dreaded parts of school life has to be the class test. All the way through school, children have to take tests in one form or another. From first grade onwards, there will be some point at which children have to go over everything they have learned. School tests take various forms - chapter test, unit test, pre-post test , oral question and answer sessions, multiple choice questions, essay questions, practical demonstrations, and written short questions. These methods vary depending on the subject studied and the age of the students. In this particular study, the researcher focused on chapter testing and its significance in identifying least learned skills in Grade 4 Science Testing is extremely important however, because without it no teacher can really know how much the students have learned. This is necessary, not only in terms of the students but also for the teacher so that he or she can know where the class is holding when preparing the material for the next lessons. It can also show who the weaker and stronger students are - who needs extra help and who needs more of a challenge. Chapter test is likewise important for it measures what the children have learned or mastered within a lesson’s chapter thus it helps the teacher decide if she can move on to the next chapter or does he/she needs to reteach some concepts not understood by the pupils. For the pupils, chapter testing is a good idea because this is an ideal opportunity to pause, take stock of the material studied over the recent period, and process it so that it is properly understood. In addition, there is always the satisfaction of passing the test and really feeling that you know something. And if you don't pass, there is the challenge of having to relearn the material and make sure that you do know it next time. Building self-esteem from one's successes and strengthening the character by dealing with one's failures are both important lessons in life that a child can take with them into adult life and forever.
This study was concerned in identifying the least learned skills in Science Grade Four in order to help them achieve mastery learning in this particular subject. Science got the lowest mean percentage score of 53.64 in the 2011 National Achievement Test (NAT) for the district of Hingyon.The result of this study is of great help to all Science Teachers in Hingyon District to improve the NAT result in the future. II. Objectives
1. Identify the MPS of pupils in the different schools in Hingyon District.
2. Determine the MPS of the experimental and control group.
3. Determine if there is significant difference between the MPS of the experimental and control group.
4. Identify the most learned skills of pupils in Science IV for the 2nd semester Hingyon District.
5. Identify the least learned skills of pupils in Science IV for the 2nd semester Hingyon District?
III. Statement of the Problem
1. What is the MPS of pupils in the different schools in Hingyon District?
2. What is the MPS of the experimental and control group?
3. Is there significant difference between the MPS of the experimental and control group?
4. What is the most learned skills of pupils in Science IV for the First and 2ndst semester in
5. What is the least learned skills of pupils in Science IV for the First and 2nd semester in Hingyon District?
The chapter Test under the experimental method was used in this tudy. An experimental and control group was assigned to test the difference of chapter test. Experimental and the control group were drawn from the 14...