1.1 Back ground of the study
Human resource management is the part of the organization concerned with the “people” dimension. Human resource management can be viewed in one of the two ways. First Human resource management is a staff or support function in the organization. Its role is to provide assistance in Human resource management matters to line employees or those directly involved in producing the organization’s goods and service. Second, Human resource management is a function of every manager’s job. Whether or not one works in a formal HRM department, the fact remains that to effectively manage employees all managers must handle the activities to achieving organizational objectives. (D.A.Decenzo&S.P Robbins, Fundamentals of HRM, Page 36-38)
Human resource Management is the effective mgt of peoples at work. It examined what can or surround be done to make working people more productive and satisfied. The history of HRM can be traced to England, Where masons carpenters, leather Workers, and other crafts people organized themselves in to guilds. HRM activities play a major role in ensuring that an organization will survive and prosper. HR planning is both a process and a set of plans. It is how organizations assess the future supply of and demand for human resource. HR planning determines the number and types of employees to be recruited in to the organization or fazed out of it. The type of people employed and the tasks they perform also determine the kind of planning. For example certain high-skill jobs may require planning activities that project year or two in to the future than unskilled jobs. One of significant factor affecting HR planning involves the goals of the controlling interests in the organization. If Hr Planning and Effective utilization of HRM are not significant goal for the organization employment planning will not be performed or it will not be performed formally, or it will be done in a slipshod manner.
1.2. Background of the organization
* The leading bank in Ethiopia, established in 1942.
* Pioneer to introduce modern banking to the country.
* It has 433 branches stretched across the country.
* A leading African bank with assets of Birr 114 billion as on June 30th 2011. * Plays a catalytic role in the economic progress & development of the country. * The first bank in Ethiopia to introduce ATM service for local users. * Currently CBE has about 2 million Account holders.
* It has strong correspondent relationship more than 50 renowned foreign banks and a SWIFT bilateral arrangement with 500 others. * CBE combines a wide capital base with more than 10,000 talented and committed employees. * Pioneer to introduce Western Union Money Transfer Services in Ethiopia. * CBE has reliable and long-standing relationships with many internationally acclaimed Banks throughout the world. VISION
TO BECOME A WORLD CLASS COMMERCIAL BANK BY THE YEAR 2025.
WE ARE COMMMITED TO BEST REALIZE STAKHOLDERS' NEEDS THROUGH ENHANCED FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION GLOBALLY AND SUPPORTING NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PRIORITIES, BY DEPLOYING HIGHLY MOTIVATED, SKILLED AND DISCIPLINED EMPLOYEES AS WELL AS STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY. WE STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT WINNING THE PUBLIC CONFIDENCE IS THE BASISI OF OUR SUCCESS.
1. Corporate Citizenship
We value the importance of our role in national development endeavor and step-up for commitment. We abide by the law of Ethiopia and other countries in which we do business. We care about society's welfare and the environment.
2. Customer Satisfaction
We strive to excel in our business and satisfy our customers. 3. Quality Service
We are committed to offer quality service to our customers' and aspire to be branded with quality in the minds of our customers and the general public. 4. Innovation
We encourage new ideas that can improve customers' experience and the Bank's...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document